4/3/13

Haiti 2013

Hello Friends!
It's been an inexcusably long time since I've blogged!
I've had a crazy amazing 2013 so far!
I was blessed to spend two weeks in Haiti in Jan/Feb, followed by an amazing week of snowboarding in beautiful Colorado.
And since then I've moved to a new (old) house in a new town and started a new job.
Newness is so exciting! But unfortunately it leaves little time for blogging.

I have lots of photo shoots to post, but I wanted to share a few of my favorite images from Haiti with you.
We got to spend some time with the children at the mountain schools. Such preciousness!
When you don't have the convenience of language, the best way to communicate is with hugs and kisses. :)
I love looking into these sweet faces, holding little hands, cuddling little bodies in my lap.
And behind each of these faces there is a story.
We are often so caught up in the intricacies of our own stories that it takes great effort to step out of ourselves and truly pour into someone else's story.
I want the stream of my story flow and pour and mingle with the stories of others.
I want the ink of my pages to drip onto the pages of others.
Because when I touch these lives, even for a moment, I see the bigger story.
The Story we were made to be a part of.
And I want these children to experience the Story of love and sacrifice, grace and redemption that they were born to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment